Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sold to the Best Friend on the Right!

Yes, that's right! I have sold a painting! Yay! And while it is to my best friend, it's still a sale! And to make the deal sweeter, she also wants two more paintings, one to go on either side of the sold painting. And the painting that was sold is non other than "Rustic Moroccan Mystique", which makes painting a 'trilogy' so much easier!

Here is my progress as at Sunday evening. I'm quite chuffed that I was able to paint so much today as the stripes are the simple part. It's the detail that takes a while. But it is all very therapeutic and relaxing so I surely don't mind. Plus there is a financial bonus coming!


In addition to the above painting, I also started on a gift for my parents for Christmas. I'm not 100% happy with how the painting is progressing, but I am making additions and changes as I do. Here is some of the detail from that painting.


One thing I am finding is that I usually have a little bit of paint left over at the end of each session. So, this weekend I've been using the paint to create "Paint Palette Flowers" and also do up little background sheets to use with future collage endeavours. It's amazing what can be creates with blobs of paint. I'm rather loving this leftover project.


So, while I haven't posted every day over the weekend, I have been creating every day and I'm loving it immensely. I have projects swimming around in my mind. I am finding creativity everywhere, including in cookie cutters, pencil grips and Barbie brushes like I did today. It's amazing what patterns one can create from such simple items.

Another highlight of my weekend was going to the Brisbane Art Shed this morning. It was my first trip to a bone fide art store and I loved it! So many products and so much to choose from. While I went there to only buy some gel medium and gesso, I did end up coming home without the gesso (which I found out I did need later in the day), but I did buy the gel medium, more paints, a sketch pad and a desire to keep painting and creating no matter what!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the sale of your art work. Your parent's painting is very promising and the flowers are a fabulos use of left-over colours...lovely work!
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your sale!! And two more ordered...how good is that?!

    From where I'm sitting, your work-in-progress pieces are looking mighty fine.

    I've lived in Brisbane practically all my life and I've never been to The Art Shed although I do have quite a few art friends who have. My latest art shop jaunt took me to Oxlades at Southbank and I spent way too much but it was fun!

    Happy painting,
    Serena :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the sale... always exciting and glad you liked the art shed... it is amazing seeing all those boxes of canvases stacked!!! I am with Serena and love Oxlades, though I use Riot a fair bit just to pick up things and am lucky enough to have a wonderful local store called Manson's ... always inspiring to go and get new supplies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations on the sale..that is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete