Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"The Blue Room"...

Last night ... in fact, late last night ... I started making moves on my creative space/art room/studio/whatever you'd like to call it. It's the spare room of my rented house and all but the ceiling is painted blue, hence "The Blue Room". Last night I managed to get it looking for like a space than a junk pile. Tonight I made more progress but I still have a way to go. "The Blue Room" is my main AEDM project for this week. Here are some photos of how it looks now.



I have a LOT of tweaking to do and culling of my daughter's toys, games, etc in the drawers and wardrobe, but all in time. Note the Fisher Price Little People care garage on the bed. Even 7 year old girls still like to revisit their toddler-hood every now and then!

Speaking of my 7 year old, after I'd finished "The Blue Room" I then proceeded to read some more of a book on Monet to her. It's about a little girl named Linnea who visits Money's house in Giverny and she writes about the sights she sees. The booked is called "Linnea in Monet's Garden" by Christina Bjork and Lena Anderson. It's such a cute book full of delightful illustrations and photos of Monet and his life in Giverny. Our favourite page so far is this one below, where Linnea finds out that Monet's water lilies are in fact just paint smudges - Monet's impression of the water lily.


Time to hit Publish Post (number two for the day ... whoops!) and go into "The Blue Room" and have an artistic moment or two before bed time ... yay!

3 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Giverny, almost made it once. Thanks for an interesting post.
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so inspiring when you get your space in order... and the book sounds wonderful... will have to see if I can hunt it down for a look... my daughter's favourite was Luke's Way of Looking which is full of magic illustrations and a great story about creating and individuality... your daughter may enjoy it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the room looks great..and that book sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete