Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A No Art Day...

Yes, it's sad but true ... I haven't, and won't, create anything today. All that I've done is test out some watercolour pencils on a wooden canvas I'm doing for a Christmas gift. The end result was that I want to paint over it and start again. :( Not to worry though, as I will get it sorted!

The fun stuff I did today was help a new online friend with setting up pages on her blog. I'm so glad that I'm now able to share the nerdy, geeky stuff I've learnt about blog pages and blogging (through my personal blog page http://www.paulassharingspot.com) with others!

Tonight I decided to forgo the online grocery shop this fortnight and brave the store. My daughter - Miss7 - reminded me a few times why I now do online shopping instead of taking her there! My purchases included 'frankie' magazine, which I'd seen on another art blog page a week or so ago, a triple pack of card making, stamping and paper craft magazines, some large paper doilies to act as a stencil in paintings and some sponge clothes so I can set up a wet palette or two.

So, no creating today but definitely some moves into being more creative!

Happy creating, Paula xo

4 comments:

  1. It is good to have a day off doing art and go shopping instead. It recharges our batteries:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on a creating strike since Thanksgiving. It happens. A break in the action to take in all that has been done this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you did play a little creatively with the watercolour pencils on the wooden canvas so that still counts anyway. :)

    I hate venturing out to the shopping centres at this time of year. It gets way too crazy for me. I've been thinking of ordering groceries online too. My daughter has done so for a few months now and says it's great and takes the pressure off.

    I recently gave a facelift to a friend's blog and created a website for her too. It's fun playing with what we've learned along the way in our own experience with blogging, isn't it?

    Enjoy your magazines ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is still a creative day and it is fun to get out in the real world.... sometimes... better to get it out of your system now than in a few weeks when it gets completely mad!!!

    ReplyDelete