Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Sad State of Affairs...

Yes, my artistic life is a sad state of affairs. My last post here was on the 24th of April, and the last time I played with my paints was about 3 months ago. I've lost my zing, my mojo, my energy for art.

But I do feel it returning and have decided that I'm going to redo the Bloom True course with Flora Bowley while I have the chance (access to the online classes ends at the end of the first week of January).

I struggled with the course. The main reason for that, I feel, was that I had not done a lot of painting in the first half of this year (not have I done any since, mind you!) so I didn't have the usual excitement and anticipation that I would normally have had when learning something new.

The second reason was, and still is, that I kept going back to the style that I used after doing the Paint Mojo course with Tracy Verdugo last year. Not that that is a bad thing, but I felt it inhibited me.

But then again, I think it is a good thing because that is how I LOVE to paint. I need to embrace that and go with the flow. So, I shall start Bloom True again after gessoing over some of the canvasses that I loathe!

One of the positives that came out of the course is meeting a lot of new artist friends from both here in Australia and overseas. And while I have been quiet on the Bloom True Facebook Page front, I hope to catch up with the ladies and see how they have progressed.

Next year I am doing Tracy Verdugo's Sacred Marks workshop in June. I'm really looking forward to this as Tracy has expanded her reportaire since Paint Mojo and I know that I am going to learn some really, really valuable things!

Adios for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment