Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Thing!

Hello from 2012 here in Australia!

I've been pondering my 2012 word/theme and have kept hearing the word "new" and also the words "see, I am doing a new thing". This morning's visit to Bible Gateway (http://www.biblegateway.com) revealed the verses I needed:

"This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 NIV

So, my words/theme for 2012 is...

"A NEW THING"

Moving on from, and forgetting, the past, which is a blessing as there's some horrible stuff there!

Giving up my former self, and allowing God - letting Him in and giving Him room - to shape me into the woman He knows me to be.

Leaving to leave the past where it is, and only referring to it when I remember the valuable lessons I have learnt from it.

There's a lot more I could add here but I will stop for now.

Yesterday gave me a glimpse back into my past: to the emotional damage that was done to me by others, to the reactions that manifested in me, to the feelings I vowed and declared to never feel again.

Today I'm feeling stronger and resolute in the fact that my life as it is is exactly where God wants me, and my girl, to be. He is watching over us and protecting us from the evil in the world, and there is a lot!

Bring on Twenty Twelve! Bring on renewal and refreshment! Bring on another wonderful year with my girl, who is blossoming before my eyes! God gave her to me as a gift and I'm ever so thankful.

Happy "New Thing" Year everyone! May you all be blessed!

Paula xo

1 comment:

  1. I totally get where you are coming from. This was my word last year. I blogged about new beginnings here a year ago now! http://blogs.oddsocks.net/ahunt/2011/01/27/the-butterfly/

    ReplyDelete